Sunday, May 29, 2011

Forge of souls..

There are times when you are faced with superhuman decisions. Which defy logic. But you do it because you know it is the right thing to do. And you do it alone.

I have done it a few times in my life. I do not know whether what i chose was right or wrong.

Very recently, i was faced with one such decision. It involved someone who has, in the last few years, become quite close to me. Closest, in fact. What i did must have hurt that person, though not much, i hope. But that someone fails to realize that what the decision took from me was exponentially more that what he could have ever imagined; simply because it was my choice to make.

It is infinitely hard to remain in a prison of which you yourself have the key.

Still, to expect such understanding from someone so selfish, someone who could demand everything from me and give nothing back, is foolishness itself.

We all change; but only some of us change for the better. I hope we both learn from what transpired.

No comments: